The key to effective communication is that you understand what others are trying to communicate. Listening and questioning skills play a vital part in ensuring good communication is achieved and open working relationships are built. Interactive sessions will help to develop confidence, in effective listening and questioning skills.
Who Should Attend?
Individuals, who want to improve their confidence, gather information, build relationships and persuade internal and external audiences.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Communicate more effectively.
- Gain new information through effective questioning techniques.
- Pick up on hidden messages.
- Listen for feelings as well as meaning.
- Use techniques to check and build understanding.
- Increase your confidence when communicating face-to-face.
Barriers to Effective Communication
- Identifying and using different communication styles.
- Why do we not communicate effectively?
- The impact of the Company Culture.
- Understanding the other person’s perspective.
The Impact of Poor Listening and Questioning
- Creating confusion and misunderstanding.
Good Listening Skills
- Actively listening – not just hearing.
- Developing empathy – learning how to listen for feelings.
- How to absorb an unpalatable message.
- Improving your concentration when listening.
Good Questioning Skills
- Understanding when and how to ask a question.
- What is the purpose of questions?
- Taking the time to question – rather than answer.
- Dealing with enquiries – getting the facts.
Putting it into Practice
- Communicating with confidence.
Duration 1 day