Motivating and managing people to achieve their best and dealing with poor performance are essential skills for today’s successful manager and are also critical to the future success of all organisations. This course covers the motivational and performance management skills that inspire staff to excel at work.
Who Should Attend?
Managers, team leaders and supervisors who are responsible for the management and development of individuals.
Performance Management – How it benefits Individuals and the Organisation
- The cost of poor people management.
- The benefits of effective performance management.
- Common barriers to good performance management.
Setting Objectives and Clear Expectations
- Creating and communicating performance standards ensuring common understanding.
- Identifying the cascade of objectives within business.
- Setting SMART organisational team and individual objectives.
- The benefits of a competency framework.
Reviewing and Improving Performance
- Monitoring performance.
- Giving feedback on a regular basis.
- To improve individuals’ daily performance.
- Improve poor performance through feedback.
- The link between motivation and performance.
- Identifying and filling skills gaps.
- Identifying possible development solutions.
- Identifying when coaching and mentoring is appropriate.
- Creating learning and development plans.
- Providing support and encouragement.
- Formulation of an action plan
Duration 1 day