Negotiating for Results
Negotiating is about resolving differences. People who can master the process of negotiation find they can save time and money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in their communities when they understand how to negotiate well.
Negotiating is a fundamental fact of life. Whether you are working on a project or fulfilling support duties, this workshop will provide you with a basic comfort level to negotiate in any situation.
This interactive workshop includes techniques to promote effective communication and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
What Will Students Learn?
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills
- Recognize the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognizing options
- Understand basic negotiation principles, including BATNA, WATNA, WAP, and the ZOPA
What Topics are Covered?
- What is negotiation?
- The successful negotiator
- Preparing for negotiation
- Making the right impression
- Getting off to a good start
- Exchanging information
- The bargaining stage
- Reaching mutual gain and moving beyond “no”
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Moving from bargaining to closing
- Solution types